Sunday, May 18, 2008

Never Ending War

The title of "Traumatized Psychologist" for this blog is intended as a psychological "hook" and is in no way an attempt to diminish the suffering that people experience in war. I have had my share of stresses and so have most people. It is when the stress is a catastrophic trauma that we as human beings are likely to go off track. With the war in the Middle East seeming to be turning into a Never Ending or 100 Years War that more and more folks are beginning to become concerned about the effects of the war on our husbands, wives, children, parents and country. I will attempt in these blogs to address some of the things I learned in Vietnam, as a graduate student and professor, and as a professional helper who has been privileged to help our wounded warriors in my own small way. Please feel free to respond to any of my posts. I am not a guru or expert and definitely do not have all the answers......

No comments: